Sustainable Goals/Result Frameworks
Sustainable Development Goals
NRLM implementation is in a Mission Mode. This enables (a) shift from the present allocation based strategy to a demand-driven strategy enabling the states to formulate their own livelihoods-based poverty reduction action plans, (b) focus on targets, outcomes and time-bound delivery, (c) continuous capacity building, imparting requisite skills and creating linkages with livelihoods opportunities for the poor, including those emerging in the organized sector, and (d) monitoring against targets of poverty outcomes. As NRLM follows a demand-driven strategy, the States have the flexibility to develop their livelihoods-based perspective plans and annual action plans for poverty reduction. The overall plans would be within the allocation for the state based on inter-se poverty ratios.
“To reduce poverty by enabling the poor households to access gainful self-employment and skilled wage employment opportunities, resulting in appreciable improvement in their livelihoods on a sustainable basis, through building strong grassroots institutions of the poor.
NRLM Guiding Principles
- Poor have a strong desire to come out of poverty, and they have innate capabilities
- Social mobilization and building strong institutions of the poor is critical for unleashing the innate capabilities of the poor.
- An external dedicated and sensitive support structure is required to induce the social mobilization, institution building and empowerment process.
- Facilitating knowledge dissemination, skill building, access to credit, access to marketing, and access to other livelihoods services underpins this upward mobility.
The core values which guide all the activities under NRLM are as follows:
- Inclusion of the poorest, and meaningful role to the poorest in all the processes.
- Transparency and accountability of all processes and institutions.
- Ownership and key role of the poor and their institutions in all stages – planning, implementation, and, monitoring.
- Community self-reliance and self-dependence.
What We Do
New Secretariat Road,
Kohima – 797001